Remote Debugging (Windows Embedded Standard 2009)
You can use remote debugging to debug applications running on a device. The following topics provide guidance for remote debugging using Visual Studio .NET 2003.
- How to Configure a Device for Remote Debugging
Provides a beginning-to-end walkthrough for remote device debugging.
- Adding Remote Debugging Support to a Configuration
Describes the components to add to your configuration to support remote debugging.
- Adding Remote Debugging Support for Managed Applications
Describes the additional components to add to your configuration to support remote debugging managed applications.
- Verifying Communications Between the Device and the Development System
Describes how to verify network connectivity between the device and the development system.
- Configuring a Shared Drive on a Run-Time Image
Describes how to set up a shared drive on the development system for Visual Studio to use when building and debugging.
- Installing Visual Studio Remote Debugger for Managed Applications
Describes how to install the Visual Studio remote debugger to debug managed applications.
- Installing Visual Studio Remote Debugger for Native Applications
Describes how to install the Visual Studio remote debugger to debug native applications.
- Configure the Firewall to Enable Remote Debugging
Provides a reference to a white paper that describes the ports to open on a Windows XP SP2 system to support remote debugging.
- Verify the Permission Settings for Remote Debugging
Describes the permission settings required for remote debugging.
- Starting the Remote Debugging Monitor
Describes how to start the native application remote debug monitor on the run-time image.
- Configuring a Visual Studio Project for Remote Debugging
Describes how to update a Visual Studio project to support native or managed remote debugging.
- Debugging the Application on the Device
Describes how to debug the application on the device.
- Accessing and Modifying the Device's Registry Remotely
Describes how to access and modify the device's registry remotely.
- Configuring a Run-time Image for Kernel-Mode Debugging
Describes how to set the /DEBUG switch to the boot.ini file to enable kernel mode debugging.