Network Security Considerations (Windows Embedded Standard 2009)
If your device is connected to a network, it is potentially vulnerable to network attacks. When you are designing your run-time image, consider the security mechanisms that you can use to protect your device.
- Disable File and Print Sharing
Describes security issues regarding file and print sharing.
- Disable Open Network Ports
Describes security issues regarding network ports.
- Disable Unnecessary Services
Describes security issues regarding Windows services.
- Internet Protocol Security (IPSec) Support
Describes the IPSec security protocol.
- Null Session Vulnerability
Describes potential security risks from null sessions.
- Remote Registry Access
Describes the security risks associated with remote registry access.
- RPC Interface Restriction
Describes RPC interface restrictions and how to customize RPC access.
- Wireless Networking Encryption
Describes wireless network encryption technologies.