Using Operations Manager Runtime Scripts
Updated: May 22, 2009
Applies To: Operations Manager 2007 R2, Operations Manager 2007 SP1, System Center Operations Manager 2007
System Center Operations Manager 2007 includes a script library that you can use to create custom runtime scripts. When they are added to a Management Pack, these scripts allow you to do the following:
Discover class instances that you want to monitor.
Create monitoring data that can later be used by rules, tasks, or monitors.
In This Section
- Runtime Scripts Overview
- Provides an overview of runtime scripts and how they are used in Management Packs.
- How to Use Runtime Scripts for Discovery
- Describes how to create a runtime script that discovers class instances that are defined in a Management Pack.
- How to Use Runtime Scripts for Monitoring
- Describes how to create a runtime script that collects data for use by monitors, rules, or tasks.
- How to Create Operations Manager Events by Using a Script
- Describes how to add events to the Operations Manager event log from a runtime script.