Automating Operations Manager Administration
Updated: May 22, 2009
Applies To: Operations Manager 2007 R2, Operations Manager 2007 SP1, System Center Operations Manager 2007
The Operations Manager class libraries allow you to programmatically automate administration tasks. This section provides examples of how to use the Operations Manager 2007 SDK to perform common administrative tasks.
|For information about using the Operations Manager Command Shell to automate Operations Manager, see the Operations Manager 2007 Online Help.|
In This Section
- How to Connect an Operations Manager SDK Client to the SDK Service
- Demonstrates how to connect to the SDK Service from a custom SDK client application.
- How to Configure Management Group Properties
- Demonstrates how to configure global settings that affect all servers in the Management Group.
- How to Install, Remove, or Repair an Agent
- Demonstrates how to deploy, remove, or repair a System Center Operations Manager 2007 agent.
- How to Approve Manual Agent Installations
- Demonstrates how to approve pending manual agent installations.
- How to Insert Custom Event and Performance Data
- Demonstrates how to generate and insert events and performance data.
- How to Display Operations Manager Data
- Demonstrates how to display information about events and alerts.
- How to Resolve Alerts
- Demonstrates how to update the properties of Operations Manager alerts.
- How to Configure Maintenance Mode for Monitoring Objects
- Demonstrates how to manage maintenance mode settings.
- How to Display Information about a Monitoring Object
- Demonstrates how to gather information from a MonitoringObject object.
- How to Display Management Pack Contents
- Demonstrates how to display information about a Management Pack, including the monitoring classes, rules, tasks, and views included in the pack's contents.
- How to Run a Management Pack Task
- Demonstrates how to run tasks that are defined in a Management Pack.
- How to Create State Views, Diagram Views, and View Folders
- Demonstrates how to create a specific type of view and a view folder.
- How to Delete Views and Folders
- Demonstrates how to delete views and folders from a Management Pack that is not sealed.
- How to Create a Group
- Demonstrates how to create a group for a collection of objects. The group is added to a Management Pack.
- How to Delete a Group
- Demonstrates how to delete a group for a collection of objects.
- How to Create a Knowledge Article
- Demonstrates how to create a knowledge article for a Management Pack, or an element in a Management Pack.
- How to Automate the Setup of URL Monitoring
- Demonstrates how to automate the setup URL monitoring to use one more agent computers to monitor a web site or web-based application.
- How to Create an Override
- Demonstrates how to create an override that is used to adjust default settings that are defined in a Management Pack.
- How to Get Information About an Override
- Demonstrates how to display information about all the overrides for rules, monitors, discoveries, recoveries, and diagnostics.
- How to Create a Unit Monitor
- Demonstrates how to create a unit monitor that monitors the state of a service.