Getting Started with LINQ in C#
This section contains basic background information that will help you understand the rest of the LINQ documentation and samples.
In This Section
- Introduction to LINQ Queries (C#)
Describes the three parts of the basic LINQ query operation that are common across all languages and data sources.
- LINQ and Generic Types (C#)
Provides a brief introduction to generic types as they are used in LINQ.
- Basic LINQ Query Operations (C#)
Describes the most common types of query operations and how they are expressed in Visual Basic and C#.
- Data Transformations with LINQ (C#)
Describes the various ways that you can transform data retrieved in queries.
- Type Relationships in LINQ Query Operations (C#)
Describes how types are preserved and/or transformed in the three parts of a LINQ query operation
- Query Syntax and Method Syntax in LINQ (C#)
Compares method syntax and query syntax as two ways to express a LINQ query.
- C# Features That Support LINQ
Describes the language constructs added in C# 3.0 that support LINQ.
- Walkthrough: Writing Queries in C# (LINQ)
Step-by-step instructions for creating a C# LINQ project, adding a simple data source, and performing some basic query operations.
- LINQ (Language-Integrated Query)
Provides links to topics that explain the LINQ technologies.
- LINQ Query Expressions (C# Programming Guide)
Includes an overview of queries in LINQ and provides links to additional resources.
- Visual Studio IDE and Tools Support for LINQ
Describes tools available in the Visual Studio environment for designing, coding, and debugging LINQ-enabled application.
- How to: Create a LINQ Project
Describes the .NET Framework version, namespaces and references required to create LINQ projects.
- Standard Query Operators Overview
Introduces the standard methods used in LINQ.
- LINQ Samples
Provides links to topics that explain the LINQ samples.
- Getting Started with LINQ in Visual Basic
Provides links to topics about using LINQ with Visual Basic.