Getting Started with LINQ in Visual Basic
This section contains overviews, examples, and background information that will help you understand and use Visual Basic and Language-Integrated Query (LINQ).
In This Section
- Writing Your First LINQ Query (Visual Basic)
Describes the three stages in writing a basic LINQ query: obtaining the data source, writing the query, and executing the query.
- Basic Query Operations (Visual Basic)
Describes the most common types of query operations and how they are expressed in Visual Basic.
- Visual Basic Features That Support LINQ
Describes the Visual Basic language features that support LINQ, such as anonymous types and type inference.
- Type Relationships in Query Operations (Visual Basic)
Describes how data types are preserved or transformed when queries are written and executed.
- Walkthrough: Writing Queries in Visual Basic
Step-by-step instructions for creating a Visual Basic LINQ project, adding a simple data source, and performing some basic query operations.
- Introduction to LINQ in Visual Basic
Includes an overview of queries in LINQ and provides links to additional resources.
- Overview of LINQ to XML in Visual Basic
Describes how Visual Basic supports LINQ to XML.
- LINQ to DataSet Overview
Provides a conceptual overview of LINQ to DataSet.
- LINQ to SQL
Explains the LINQ to SQL technology and provides links to topics that help you use LINQ to SQL.
- Visual Studio IDE and Tools Support for LINQ (Visual Basic)
Describes tools that are available in the Visual Studio environment for designing, coding, and debugging LINQ-enabled applications.
- LINQ to Objects (Visual Basic)
Includes a selection of How-to topics for using LINQ with in-memory collections.
- LINQ to XML (Visual Basic)
Includes links to topics that explain how to use LINQ to XML, which provides the in-memory document modification capabilities of the Document Object Model (DOM), and supports LINQ query expressions.
- Language-Integrated Query (LINQ) (Visual Basic)
Provides links to topics that explain the LINQ technologies.
- Getting Started with LINQ in C#
Provides links to topics about using LINQ in C#.