LINQ to XML
LINQ to XML provides an in-memory XML programming interface that leverages the .NET Language-Integrated Query (LINQ) Framework. LINQ to XML uses the latest .NET Framework language capabilities and is comparable to an updated, redesigned Document Object Model (DOM) XML programming interface.
The LINQ family of technologies provides a consistent query experience for objects (LINQ to Objects), relational databases (LINQ to SQL), and XML (LINQ to XML).
For more information about LINQ and LINQ to XML, see the Project LINQ Web Site. This site contains white papers about the LINQ project and related technologies.
For more information and news about LINQ to XML and other Microsoft XML technologies, see the XML Team Blog.
In This Section
- Getting Started (LINQ to XML)
- Provides introductory information about LINQ to XML, including a conceptual overview and an overview of the System.Xml.Linq classes.
- Programming Guide (LINQ to XML)
- Provides conceptual and how-to information about programming with LINQ to XML.
- Reference (LINQ to XML)
- Provides pointers to the LINQ to XML managed reference documentation.
- Samples (LINQ to XML)
- Provides sample applications for LINQ to XML.