XNA Game Studio 2.0
The application model provides functionality to accomplish common game development tasks.
In This Section
- Application Model Overview
- The XNA Framework Game class provides a framework for processing game simulation based on a fixed or variable time interval.
- How To: Load Content
- This article demonstrates how to load content and ensure that the content will be reloaded at the appropriate times.
- How To: Allow the Player to Resize a Game Window
- Demonstrates how to let the player resize the game window.
- How To: Pause a Game
- Demonstrates how to add pause functionality to a game.
- How To: Exit a Game
- This example demonstrates how to exit a game without finishing the current update.
- How To: Display a Game in Full-Screen Mode
- This example demonstrates how to start a game in full-screen mode.
- How To: Restrict Graphics Devices to Widescreen Aspect Ratios in Full-Screen Mode
- Demonstrates how to create a custom GraphicsDeviceManager that only selects graphics devices with widescreen aspect ratios in full-screen mode.
- How To: Make a Game Time Out
- Demonstrates how to make a game time out after a period of inactivity.
- How To: Make a Game Use a Variable Time Step
- Demonstrates how to make a game use a variable time step.