Commands, Menus, and Toolbars
A VSPackage typically has a user interface that includes one or more commands. Commands are found on menus, toolbars (such as a toolbar in a tool window), and command combo boxes.
The topics in this section explain how commands, menus, and toolbars work in VSPackages.
- Command, Menu, and Toolbar Overview
Presents best practices for adding menus and toolbars to your VSPackage.
- How VSPackages Add User Interface Elements to the IDE
An in-depth description of the Command Table Format specification.
- Visual Studio Command Table (.Vsct) Files
Describes an XML-based syntax and compiler for command tables.
- Default Command, Group, and Toolbar Placement
Describes predefined commands, groups, menus, and toolbars.
- IDE-Defined Commands, Menus, and Groups
Specifies the predefined menus, commands, and command groups available for use by the Visual Studio IDE.
- Command Design
Explains how to implement commands.
- Common Tasks with Commands, Menus, and Toolbars
Provides a comprehensive list of common menu tasks.
- Walkthroughs for Commands, Menus, and Toolbars
Provides a collection of walkthroughs for commands, menus, and toolbars.