Visual Studio .NET 2003
Call this function to establish a connection between a source, specified by pUnkSrc, and a sink, specified by pUnkSink.
BOOL AFXAPI AfxConnectionAdvise( LPUNKNOWN pUnkSrc, REFIID iid, LPUNKNOWN pUnkSink, BOOL bRefCount, DWORD FAR* pdwCookie );
- A pointer to the object that calls the interface.
- A pointer to the object that implements the interface.
- The interface ID of the connection.
- TRUE indicates that creating the connection should cause the reference count of pUnkSink to be incremented. FALSE indicates that the reference count should not be incremented.
- A pointer to a DWORD where a connection identifier is returned. This value should be passed as the dwCookie parameter to AfxConnectionUnadvise when disconnecting the connection.
Nonzero if a connection was established; otherwise 0.
//CMySink is a CCmdTarget-derived class supporting automation. //Instantiate the sink class and hold a pointer to it. m_pSink = new CMySink(); //Get a pointer to sinks IUnknown, no AddRef done. CMySink implements only //dispinterface and the IUnknown and IDispatch pointers will be same. LPUNKNOWN pUnkSink = m_pSink->GetIDispatch(FALSE); //Establish a connection between source and sink. //m_pUnkSrc is IUnknown of server obtained by CoCreateInstance(). //m_dwCookie is a cookie identifying the connection, and is needed //to terminate this connection. AfxConnectionAdvise(m_pUnkSrc, IID_MYEVENT, pUnkSink, FALSE, &m_dwCookie);