Walkthroughs Using Word
The following walkthroughs demonstrate ways you can use document-level customizations and VSTO Add-ins to automate Microsoft Office Word and customize the user interface (UI).
- Walkthrough: Creating Your First Document-Level Customization For Word
Demonstrates how to create a basic document-level customization for Word.
- Walkthrough: Inserting Text into a Document from an Actions Pane
Demonstrates how to add text to a Word document when users enter text in controls on an actions pane.
- Walkthrough: Binding Data to Controls on a Word Actions Pane
Demonstrates how to bind data to controls on an actions pane. The controls demonstrate a master/detail relation between tables in a SQL Server database.
- Walkthrough: Changing Document Formatting Using CheckBox Controls
Demonstrates how to use check boxes on a Word document to change formatting.
- Walkthrough: Displaying Text in a Text Box in a Document Using a Button
Demonstrates how to use buttons and text boxes on Word documents.
- Walkthrough: Updating a Chart in a Document Using Radio Buttons
Demonstrates how to change chart styles in a Word document by using option buttons in a document-level customization.
- Walkthrough: Creating Shortcut Menus for Bookmarks
Demonstrates how to create a shortcut menu that can be used to format the text in a bookmark.
- Walkthrough: Calling Code from VBA in a Visual Basic Project
Demonstrates how to call code in a customization assembly from VBA code in the document.
- Walkthrough: Creating a Template By Using Content Controls
Demonstrates how to use content controls to create structured and reusable content in a Word template.
- Walkthrough: Binding Content Controls to Custom XML Parts
Demonstrates how to bind content controls in a Word document to XML data that is stored in the document.
- Walkthrough: Creating Your First VSTO Add-in for Word
Demonstrates how to create a basic VSTO Add-in for Word.
- Walkthrough: Adding Controls to a Document at Run Time in a VSTO Add-In
Demonstrates how to add controls to a document by using a VSTO Add-in.
- Walkthrough: Creating a Custom Tab by Using Ribbon XML
Demonstrates how to create a custom ribbon tab by using an XML descriptor file in a VSTO Add-in.