Label Web Server Control
The Label Web server control provides a way to display text under programmatic control in a Web Forms page.
Note If you want to display static text, you can present it using HTML; you do not need a Label control. Use a Label control only if you need to change the contents or other characteristics of the text in server code. If you are in linear layout mode, you can simply type text in. If you are in grid layout mode, you can add a Linear Layout Panel element and add static text inside of it.
The following topics provide information that you will find useful in learning to work with the Label Web server control.
In this Section
- Introduction to the Label Web Server Control
- Provides background information on the Label control.
- Adding Label Web Server Controls to a Web Forms Page
- Gives directions for placing a Label control on a page.
- Setting Web Server Control Properties Programmatically
- Gives directions for specifying Web server control properties in code.
- Customizing the Appearance of ASP.NET Server Controls Using Styles
- Gives directions for applying styles to change how controls are displayed.
- Web Forms Data Binding
- Provides basic conceptual information about binding data to Web Forms.
- Data Binding Single-Value Web Server Controls at Design Time
- Gives directions for displaying data in a Label control.