This documentation is archived and is not being maintained.
Manipulating the Development Environment
The place to look for information about creating Add-Ins, customizing the appearance and behavior of the integrated development environment (IDE), and reference topics.
In This Section
- Customizing the Development Environment
- Information about how to personalize the IDE for your convenience and productivity.
- Automating Repetitive Actions by Using Macros
- Information about creating and using macros.
- Extending the Visual Studio Environment
- Information about creating Add-Ins and using the automation model.
- Visual Studio .NET SDK
- Information on additional extensibility options for the IDE, including samples.
- Designing Distributed Applications
- Information on application design decisions, such as system architecture, database design, and international considerations, as well as Enterprise Templates.
- Managing Solutions, Projects, and Files
- Information about the best ways to create and manage solutions and projects as well as information on miscellaneous files and storage-based and reference-based projects.
- Working with Code, HTML, and Resource Files
- Information on programming practices as well as editing code, HTML, XML, and styles.
- Connecting to Remote Resources with Server Explorer
- Information about how to access design time information about servers and databases via Server Explorer.
- Building, Debugging, and Testing
- Information about breakpoints, handling exceptions, edit and continue, as well as fine-tuning your application.
- Deploying Applications and Components
- Information about creating setup executables, packaging files, and publishing Web sites.
- Information on the user interface, error messages, general reference, commands, as well as other reference topics.