Redistributing a Native C++ Application
Visual Studio .NET contains functionality that lets you redistribute your applications. See Deploying Applications and Components for more information. This section discusses how you can determine the dependencies of a native, or unmanaged, Visual C++ .NET application. For information on deploying applications built with the .NET Framework, see Deploying .NET Framework Applications.
When you develop an application using Visual C++ .NET, you have the advantage of working on a computer that is not only a good development environment, but is also an ideal environment on which to run and test applications. However, when you want to ship your application, you need to redistribute all of the files needed to support the application on the target system.
The following topics discuss redistribution in more detail:
- A List of Redistributable Files
- Merge Modules, Windows Logo Requirements, and Windows File Protection
- Determining Which DLLs to Redistribute
- Version Checking of Redistributable Files
- Redistributing Visual C++ ActiveX Controls
- Redistributing Database Support Files
- Redistributing Web Applications
- Redistributing MFC, ATL, and OLE DB Templates Applications
- Deploying ATL Server Applications
- Redistributing Common Controls
- Installation of Localized ATL and MFC Components