Unable to open or create Web projects after converting to NTFS
After converting your file system to NTFS file system, you may not be able to access your Web applications with FrontPage Server Extensions. The NTFS file-system security model is not configured for FrontPage users. To reestablish FrontPage settings and permissions, you must run Check Server Extensions and the Permissions Wizard in Internet Information Services (IIS). For more information about the Check Server Extensions command, see Unable to access the Web server with server extensions when creating a Web application.
To correct Web access problems resulting from NTFS file-system conversion
- Open the IIS Console and right-click the server you want to inspect.
- On the shortcut menu, expand All Tasks and select Check Server Extensions.
- After repairing the server extensions, expand the server node and right-click your project folder.
- On the shortcut menu, expand All Tasks and select Permissions Wizard.
- Follow the directions in the wizard, selecting the security settings you want for your application.
- Restart your computer.