The document is archived and information here might be outdated
Windows Forms Data Architecture
Visual Studio .NET 2003
Data binding in Windows Forms gives you the means to display and make changes to information from a data source in controls on the form. You can bind to both traditional data sources as well as almost any structure that contains data.
In This Section
- Data Binding and Windows Forms
- Provides an overview of data binding in Windows Forms.
- Creating a Simple-Bound Control on a Windows Form
- Describes how to display a single data element, such as a column value from a dataset table, in a Windows Forms control.
- Providers of Data to Windows Forms
- Describes the various providers of data to Windows Forms.
- Consumers of Data on Windows Forms
- Describes the consumers of data within Windows Forms, including the CurrencyManager and BindingContext objects.
- Navigating Data in Windows Forms
- Describes how to navigate in a data source connected to Windows Forms.
- Interfaces Related to Data Binding
- Provides a list of data-binding interface objects that provide data-binding functionality.
- Walkthrough: Simple Data Access in a Windows Form
- Describes the basic steps required for accessing SQL Server data via a dataset in a read-write Windows Form.
- Walkthrough: Displaying Data in a Windows Form Using a Parameterized Query
- Describes how to create a dataset containing only selected records, based on criteria that users provide at run time in a Windows Form.
- Walkthrough: Creating a Master-Detail Windows Form
- Describes how to create a parent-child relationship in a dataset and display related records in a Windows Form.
- Introduction to Distributed Applications and Data Integration
- Introduces data in the context of the .NET Framework.
- Data Access in Web Forms Pages
- Explains data binding for Web Forms.
- Binding Class
- Outlines the System.Windows.Forms.Binding class.
- Data Form Wizard
- Creates data-bound Windows Forms or Web Forms pages. The topics describes how to run the wizard, what options you can choose, and what the wizard generates.