NotifyIcon Component (Windows Forms)
The Windows Forms NotifyIcon component displays icons in the status notification area of the taskbar for processes that run in the background and would not otherwise have user interfaces. An example would be a virus protection program that can be accessed by clicking an icon in the status notification area of the taskbar.
In This Section
- Introduction to the Windows Forms NotifyIcon Component
- Introduces the general concepts of the NotifyIcon component, which allows users to see icons for processes running in the background that do not have a user interface.
- Adding Application Icons to the TaskBar with the Windows Forms NotifyIcon Component
- Provides steps for setting the icon displayed by the NotifyIcon component.
- Associating a Context Menu with a Windows Forms NotifyIcon Component
- Provides steps for adding a context menu to a NotifyIcon component so that it provides a menu of commands when a user right-clicks it.