This documentation is archived and is not being maintained.
OpenFileDialog Component (Windows Forms)
Visual Studio .NET 2003
The Windows Forms OpenFileDialog component is a pre-configured dialog box. It is the same Open File dialog box exposed by the Windows operating system. It inherits from the CommonDialog class.
In This Section
- Introduction to the Windows Forms OpenFileDialog Component
- Introduces the general concepts of the OpenFileDialog component, which allows you to display a pre-configured dialog box that users can use to open files.
- Opening Files Using the OpenFileDialog Component
- Explains how to open a file at run time via an instance of the OpenFileDialog component.
- OpenFileDialog Class
- Provides reference information on the OpenFileDialog class and its members.
- Dialog-Box Controls and Components (Windows Forms)
- Describes a set of controls and components that allow users to perform standard interactions with the application or system.
- Essential Code for Windows Forms Dialog Boxes
- Discusses the Windows Forms dialog box controls and components and the code necessary for executing their basic functions.
- DirListBox Control Changes in Visual Basic .NET
- Explains how DirListBox controls from a Visual Basic 6.0 project are upgraded to Visual Basic .NET.
- Controls You Can Use On Windows Forms
- Provides a complete list of Windows Forms controls, with links to information on their use.