Migrating to Web Forms
If you have used earlier versions of Microsoft Visual Studio or individual products such as Visual Basic or Visual InterDev, you may have existing Web applications based on previous Web programming technology. Migrating these Web applications to the Web Forms code model allows you to take advantage of all the extended features of ASP.NET.
In This Section
- Migrating ASP Pages to Web Forms Pages
- Provides instruction on how to migrate an Active Server Pages (ASP) page to an ASP.NET Web Forms page.
- Migrating HTML Pages to Web Forms Pages
- Provides instruction on how to migrate an HTML page to an ASP.NET Web Forms page.
- Web Forms Pages
- Provides an introduction to Web Forms technology.
- ASP.NET Technology Backgrounder
- Provides a summary of ASP.NET technology and where Web Forms pages fit into it.
- Comparison of ADO.NET and ADO
- Provides a side-by-side comparison of ADO and ADO.NET data-access technologies.
- Introduction to Web Forms Pages
- Provides an overview of the essential components of Web Forms pages.
- ASP.NET Server Controls
- Provides an introduction to the control technologies available for use on Web Forms pages.
- Migrating ASP Pages to ASP.NET
- Provides information on issues concerning migration from ASP to ASP.NET.
- Upgrading WebClass Projects to Visual Basic .NET
- Explains how to upgrade WebClass projects (also known as IIS Applications) to ASP.NET Web Application projects.