The document is archived and information here might be outdated
ListBox Control (Windows Forms)
Visual Studio .NET 2003
A Windows Forms ListBox control displays a list of items from which the user can select one or more.
In This Section
- Introduction to the Windows Forms ListBox Control
- Explains what this control is and its key features and properties.
- ListBox Class
- Describes this class and has links to all its members.
- Code for Windows Forms Controls: ListBox
- Provides links to code examples for this control.
- Accessing Specific Items in a Windows Forms ComboBox, ListBox, or CheckedListBox Control
- Gives instructions for programmatically determining which item in a list appears in a given position.
- Adding and Removing Items from a Windows Forms ComboBox, ListBox, or CheckedListBox Control
- Gives instructions for adding or removing items from a control's list of items.
- Creating a Lookup Table for a Windows Forms ComboBox, ListBox, or CheckedListBox Control
- Gives directions for displaying and storing form data in useful formats.
- Data Binding a Windows Forms ComboBox or ListBox Control
- Gives directions for binding a list-based control to a data source.
- Sorting the Contents of a Windows Forms ComboBox, ListBox, or CheckedListBox Control
- Explains how to sort list data at its data source.
- When to Use a Windows Forms ComboBox Instead of a ListBox
- Recommends an appropriate list-based control depending on the needs and restrictions of your Windows Form.
- Windows Forms Controls Used to List Options
- Provides a list of things you can do with list boxes, combo boxes, and checked list boxes.