The document is archived and information here might be outdated
FolderBrowserDialog Component (Windows Forms)
Visual Studio .NET 2003
The Windows Forms FolderBrowserDialog component displays an interface with which users can browse and select a folder or create a new one. It is a complement to the OpenFileDialog component, which is used for browsing and selecting files.
In This Section
- Introduction to the Windows Forms FolderBrowserDialog Component
- Explains what this control is and its key features and properties.
- Choosing Folders with the Windows Forms FolderBrowserDialog Component
- Explains how to programmatically extract the selected folder from the dialog box, as well as work with some of the other, optional properties of the component.
- Dialog Boxes in Windows Forms
- Provides a list of tasks for dialog boxes, which often display tabs.
- Controls You Can Use On Windows Forms
- Provides a complete list of Windows Forms controls, with links to information on their use.
- FolderBrowserDialog Class
- Describes this class and has links to all its members.