Menus and Context Menus
Menus, shortcut menus, status bars, and toolbars are all ways of exposing functionality to your users or alerting them to important information within your application. Menus hold commands, grouped by a common theme. Toolbars use buttons to expose frequently used commands. Context menus "pop up" in response to a right-click of the mouse and hold commonly used commands for a particular area of an application. Status bars indicate application state or provide information about the entity in the application that has focus, such as a menu command.
In This Section
- Menus in Windows Forms
- Describes creating and working with menus, menu items, and menu adornments.
- Context Menus on Windows Forms
- Provides information on creating and copying context menus.
- What's New in Windows Forms and Controls
- Describes the new features of Windows Forms and controls.