You can use the Visual FoxPro interface to perform many database tasks and develop applications for cataloging, tracking, and processing information. Knowing more about the Visual FoxPro programming language enhances your ability to access the power of Visual FoxPro.
Like other programming languages, the Visual FoxPro programming language makes it possible for you to work with various types of data, such as numbers and character strings. You can store data of these various types in tables, arrays, variables, and other data containers. To manipulate data, you can perform operations, such as addition and concatenation. In addition to operators, Visual FoxPro provides a rich set of commands and functions, so you can protect, display, and manage your data.
This section contains information about programming language elements in Visual FoxPro.
In This Section
- Language Categories
- Contains categories describing areas of functionality offered by Visual FoxPro.
- Lists the commands available in Visual FoxPro.
- Objects, Collections, and Classes
- Lists the classes, collections, and objects available in Visual FoxPro.
- Lists the properties of classes and objects in Visual FoxPro.
- Lists the methods available in Visual FoxPro.
- Lists the events that occur in Visual FoxPro.
- Lists the functions available in Visual FoxPro.
- Lists the operators you can use to manipulate data in Visual FoxPro.
- Preprocessor Directives
- Lists the preprocessor directives you can include in your Visual FoxPro programs.
- System Variables
- Lists the Visual FoxPro system variables which you can use to store values.
- API Library Construction
- Describes API library routines, system events, and key codes.
- SQL Commands and Functions
- Describes Structured Query Lanaguage (SQL) commands and functions supported by Visual FoxPro.
- Language Reference for OLE DB Development
- Describes support in the OLE DB Provider for native Visual FoxPro language and syntax.
- Backward-Compatible Language Elements
- Lists obsolete language elements that are included for backwards compatibility.
- Includes Visual FoxPro general, programming language, user interface, and error message reference topics.
- Programming in Visual FoxPro
- Describes how understanding object-oriented programming techniques and the event-driven model can maximize your programming productivity and make it possible for you to access the full power of Visual FoxPro.
- Samples and Walkthroughs
- Contains Visual FoxPro code samples and step-by-step walkthroughs that you can use for experimenting with and learning Visual FoxPro features.