Optimizing Your System
Visual FoxPro is designed to be the fastest relational database development system. Applications you create with Visual FoxPro can have widely varying requirements and purposes. Because of this variety, you might want to optimize the operating system, Visual FoxPro, or your application for maximum performance.
In This Section
- Optimizing the Operating Environment
- Explains effective ways to optimize Visual FoxPro performance by getting the best use of your computer's hardware and environment.
- Optimizing Visual FoxPro Startup Speed
- Describes how, though Visual FoxPro is always fast, you can optimize the startup and operating speed by managing startup speed and optimizing SET commands.
- Optimization of Visual FoxPro in a Multiuser Environment
- Explains that when you run Visual FoxPro in a multiuser environment, you can improve performance by handling temporary files effectively and by controlling the way files are shared.
- Getting Started with Visual FoxPro
- Discusses how to get started, including information about installing, upgrading, and customizing Visual FoxPro to create state-of-the-art enterprise database solutions.
- What's New in Visual FoxPro
- Lists the new features and enhancements made to this version of Microsoft Visual FoxPro.
- Using Visual FoxPro
- Provides links to information on Visual FoxPro programming features that are designed to improve developer productivity, including Access and Assign methods, support for more graphic file formats, and language to simplify programming tasks.
- Developing Visual FoxPro Applications
- Includes conceptual information about how to develop Visual FoxPro applications, instructions for creating databases and the user interface, and other tasks needed to create Visual FoxPro applications.
- Programming in Visual FoxPro
- Discusses how to access the full power of Visual FoxPro by creating applications. Understanding object-oriented programming techniques and the event-driven model can maximize your programming productivity.