Customizing the Visual FoxPro Environment
After you install Visual FoxPro, you might want to customize your development environment. Environment settings include the main window title, default directory, project, editor, debugger and form tool options, temporary file storage, field mappings for drag-and-drop operations, and many other options.
You can configure Visual FoxPro either interactively or programmatically. You can also establish configuration settings that are loaded when you start Visual FoxPro.
For information on optimizing your Visual FoxPro applications, see Optimizing Applications.
In This Section
- Optimizing Your System
- Explains how to get maximum performance by optimizing your operating system, Visual FoxPro, and your application.
- Visual FoxPro Configuration
- Explains how changing the configuration of your copy of Visual FoxPro affects the way it looks and behaves, such as establishing default locations for files used with Visual FoxPro, altering how your source code looks in an edit window, and displaying the format of dates and times.
- Visual FoxPro Environment Settings
- Describes different ways to change Visual FoxPro environment settings such as using the Options dialog box, setting configuration options at program startup, and using command-line options. You can configure Visual FoxPro toolbars, dock windows, set editor options, and customize the appearance of your applications without altering code.
- Restoring the Visual FoxPro Interactive Environment
- Describes how to close down all program operations and clear the Visual FoxPro desktop to return to its interactive state.
- Accessibility for People with Disabilities
- Provides information about features, products, and services that make Microsoft Visual FoxPro and the Windows operating system more accessible for people with disabilities.
- Using Visual FoxPro
- Explains how Visual FoxPro provides the tools you need to create and to manage high-performance database applications and components. With its robust tools and data-centric object-oriented language, you can build modern, scalable, multi-tier applications that integrate client/server computing and the Internet.
- Describes how to create different types of applications and components with step-by-step guides.
- Overview of Visual FoxPro Features
- Describes how Visual FoxPro gives you more of everything you have come to expect in a database management system (DBMS) — speed, power, and flexibility.
- Developing Visual FoxPro Applications
- Includes conceptual information about how to develop Visual FoxPro applications, instructions for creating databases and the user interface, and other tasks needed to create Visual FoxPro applications.
- Programming in Visual FoxPro
- Describes how understanding object-oriented programming techniques and the event-driven model can maximize your programming productivity and enable you to access the full power of Visual FoxPro.
- Development Productivity Tools
- Explains that Visual FoxPro provides developer tools for application development within the FoxPro application and the FoxPro language.