Generates XML to a file or memory variable.
XMLAdapter.ToXML( cXMLDocument [, cSchemaLocation [, lFile [, lIncludeBefore [, lChangesOnly ]]]] )
- Specifies the file or memory variable name for the XML document.
- Specifies the location for a reference to external schema. The default value of cSchemaLocation is empty (""). If cSchemaLocation is empty and external schema has been generated, the value of XMLAdapter XMLSchemaLocation is used as the external schema reference.
- Specifies whether cXMLDocument is a file. The default value of lFile is False (.F.).
- Specifies whether to include the diffgr:before section in the DiffGram. The diffgr:before section contains the original version of a row. The default value of lIncludeBefore is False (.F.).
If lIncludeBefore is True (.T.), Visual FoxPro filters deleted records, regardless of the current filter setting, such as
SET FILTER TO NOT DELETED( )and
SET DELETED ONor
OFF. All deleted records in the table buffer are inserted in the diffgr:before section but have no matching row in the DiffGram DataInstance block.
Although you might want to hide deleted rows by using a filter, the DiffGram indicates which rows were deleted so that the data source can be correctly updated.
Visual FoxPro disregards lIncludeBefore if the XMLAdapter IsDiffGram property is False (.F.).
- Specifies whether the XML should contain changes only.
Visual FoxPro disregards lChangesOnly if the XMLAdapter IsDiffGram property is False (.F.) or if lIncludeBefore is False (.F.).
If the XMLTable Alias property is empty, no XML elements are generated for that XMLTable object, however, the table is included in the schema if one is generated.
For character fields, Visual FoxPro fills any remaining space in the field with white space (0x20). When ToXML maps character fields to binary fields and performs encoding, ToXML encodes the trailing white space regardless of the value for the XMLAdapter PreserveWhiteSpace property.
The following XMLAdapter property settings affect how ToXML is executed:
XML Encoding When the XMLAdapter RespectCursorCP property is True (.T.), XMLAdapter UTF8Encoded is False (.F.), and two or more table aliases are referenced in the Tables collection, those tables should use the same code page. Otherwise, Visual FoxPro reports an error.
Numeric Overflow Conditions An XMLAdapter object does not load XML containing Visual FoxPro-type numeric overflow conditions, for example,
*****.**, in the place of a Numeric or Integer value. The Microsoft XML Core Services (MSXML) parser causes an error similar to the following:
Error 2110 (XML Error): XML Error: XML Parse error: The value of '***' is invalid according to its data type. The element: 'myfield' has an invalid value according to its data type. Line 7, Position 17. <myfield>***</myfield>
Applies To: XMLAdapter Class