Using Visual FoxPro
Visual FoxPro provides the environment and tools you need to create and manage high-performance database applications and components. With its robust tools and data-centric, object-oriented language, you can build modern, scalable, multi-tier applications that integrate client/server computing and the Internet.
In This Section
- Overview of Visual FoxPro Features
- Describes the major features of Visual FoxPro that you expect in a database management system (DBMS) and as a front end for developing client/server applications, such as rapid application and interface creation, powerful object-oriented programming, event handling, testing and debugging capabilities, flexibility in interacting with other applications.
- Developing Visual FoxPro Applications
- Explains concepts about how to develop Visual FoxPro applications, instructions for creating databases and the user interface, and other tasks needed to create Visual FoxPro applications.
- Programming in Visual FoxPro
- Describes how understanding object-oriented programming techniques and the event-driven model can maximize your programming productivity and enable you to access the full power of Visual FoxPro.
- Development Productivity Tools
- Explains that Visual FoxPro provides developer tools for application development within the FoxPro application and the FoxPro language.
- Getting Started with Visual FoxPro
- Provides information about where to find the Readme file, installing and upgrading from previous versions, configuring Visual FoxPro, and customizing the development environment.
- Includes Visual FoxPro general, programming language, user interface, and error message reference topics.
- Contains Visual FoxPro class library, server, solutions, and foundation class code samples that you can use for experimenting with and learning Visual FoxPro features.
- Provides a list of common scenarios in Visual FoxPro and gives step-by-step instructions for each, making it a good place to start learning about features.