Development Productivity Tools
Visual FoxPro continues to provide developer tools for application development within the FoxPro application and the FoxPro language. Visual FoxPro has added and enhanced object-oriented language and behaviors. This version of Visual FoxPro includes Web-oriented language and tools designed to help rapid application development in multi-tier environments and to streamline your maintenance tasks.
In This Section
- IntelliSense Overview
- Describes how IntelliSense in Visual FoxPro displays information in pop-up windows and drop-down lists that assists you with statement and function completion syntax and displays the available variables, objects, properties, methods, and events of objects.
- Using the Component Gallery
- Describes the Component Gallery, a container for catalogs of software objects, such as class libraries, forms, buttons, and so on.
- Coverage Profiler Application
- Describes a coverage application, which writes information about which lines of code in a file were run whereas a profiler application provides information about which lines actually run, how many times a line is run, duration, and so on.
- Productivity Tools
- Discusses the different tools available to help make creating Visual FoxPro applications easier and faster.
- Using Visual FoxPro
- Describes how Visual FoxPro programming features are designed to improve developer productivity, including Access and Assign methods, support for more graphic file formats, and language to simplify programming tasks.
- Provides common scenarios and step-by-step instructions for how to create different types of applications and components.
- Overview of Visual FoxPro Features
- Discusses how Visual FoxPro gives you more of everything you have come to expect in a database management system (DBMS) — speed, power, and flexibility.
- Customizing the Visual FoxPro Environment
- Describes how to customize your development environment after installing Visual FoxPro. Environment settings include the main window title, default directory, project, editor, debugger and form tool options, temporary file storage, field mappings for drag-and-drop operations, and many other options.
- Developing Visual FoxPro Applications
- Includes conceptual information about how to develop Visual FoxPro applications, instructions for creating databases and the user interface, and other tasks needed to create Visual FoxPro applications.
- Programming in Visual FoxPro
- Discusses how you can access the full power of Visual FoxPro by creating applications. Understanding object-oriented programming techniques and the event-driven model can maximize your programming productivity.
- Project Manager Hooks
- Explains that in Visual FoxPro, you can access a project programmatically, making it possible to manipulate a project as an object.