Visual FoxPro comes with numerous code samples that you can use for experimenting and becoming acquainted with features.
For additional samples, see the Microsoft Visual FoxPro 8.0 \Samples folder, which contains samples you can use to learn about using APIs, COM+ services, and data access.
In This Section
- Sample Class Libraries
- Lists sample class libraries that provide encapsulated functionality that you can add to your applications easily.
- Server Samples
- Lists server samples that focus on Automation Servers. An Automation server is a COM component application that exposes functionality that can be used and reused by other applications through Automation.
- Solutions Samples
- Contains many examples of useful things you can do using Microsoft Visual FoxPro.
- Visual FoxPro Foundation Class Samples
- Contains descriptions of samples in which you can use Visual FoxPro Foundation Classes along with the Component Gallery for rapid application development.
- Getting Started with Visual FoxPro
- Provides information about installing, upgrading, and configuring Visual FoxPro, as well as customizing the development environment.
- Developing Visual FoxPro Applications
- Includes conceptual information about how to develop Visual FoxPro applications, instructions for creating databases and the user interface, and other tasks needed to create Visual FoxPro applications.
- Programming in Visual FoxPro
- Discusses how you can access the full power of Visual FoxPro by creating applications. Understanding object-oriented programming techniques and the event-driven model can maximize your programming productivity.
- Includes topics on productivity tools, as well as the controls, objects, properties, methods, events, statements, functions, and constants available.
- Provides step-by-step instructions for common scenarios, making them a good place to begin learning about the various features of Visual FoxPro.