FBWF introduces several new features not found in EWF, including greater write filter transparency to applications; selective write through, commit, and restore; improved overlay memory utilization; and enhanced APIs.
In This Section
- File and Directory Management Transparency
- Describes file and directory management functions available to applications.
- Selective Write Through
- Describes how to allow writes to specified underlying protected volumes.
- Selective Commits and Restores
- Describes how to commit writes from overlay cache to underlying protected volumes, and how to discard changes in overlay cache and restore the view to the underlying protected volumes.
- FBWF Memory Optimization
- Describes how FBWF optimizes utilization of overlay cache.
- FBWF API
- Describes FBWF API set.
- File-Based Write Filter
- Describes the FBWF Help topics.
© 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.