RIL Application Development
Application developers can use RIL functions to enable various phone features. RIL functions expose functionality required to implement radio-based telephone calls and data connections. This section includes conceptual information of interest to developers implementing calling and data connection scenarios.
- RIL Architecture
Describes the two key architectural components of RIL: the RIL proxy and the RIL driver.
- Voice Mail Retrieval on Two-Line Devices
Shows how to change the behavior of devices when retrieving voice mail on two-line devices using the registry.
- Radio Interface Layer Changes for Suspend and Resume
Shows the RIL changes required to support the suspend and resume feature.
- Dropped Connection UI GPRS and 1xRTT
Describes the required notification from RIL when the radio loses the signal or service.
- Configuring CDMA and GSM Radios Default Phone Features
Describes how to use the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Phone\Features registry key to configure GSM and CDMA specific UI and radio features.
- Configuring Simultaneous Data Connections
Describes the configuration of the RIL proxy support the use of multiple simultaneous GPRS contexts over PPP. This enables the use of multiple APNs simultaneously.
- Network Identity and Time Zone (NITZ) Support
Describes the radio functionality needed to support NITZ.