About ActiveX Controls
This section introduces Microsoft ActiveX Controls and provides general guidelines for control developers. It includes information about run-time licensing for an ActiveX control, identifying an ActiveX control as safe for scripting or safe for code download, packaging an ActiveX control in a .cab file, and applying a test certificate to an ActiveX control.
In addition, this section includes information describing the differences between ActiveX Controls written for Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.0 and ActiveX Controls written for Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0.
- Introduction to ActiveX Controls
- Designing Secure ActiveX Controls
- Building ActiveX Controls for Internet Explorer
- Using ActiveX Controls to Automate Your Web Pages
- Safe Initialization and Scripting for ActiveX Controls
- Licensing ActiveX Controls
- Packaging ActiveX Controls
- Palette Management for ActiveX Controls
- How to Register an ActiveX Object as the Player for a Media Type