Searching in Active Directory Domain Services
Search is a key feature of Active Directory Domain Services. Search enables you to find objects in the directory based on selection criteria (query) and to retrieve specified properties for the objects found.
Searching within Active Directory Domain Services is a matter of finding a Domain Controller (DC), binding to the object where the search should begin in the directory, submitting a query, and processing the results.
For more information about the search feature in Active Directory, see:
- Deciding What to Find
- Deciding Where to Search
- Choosing the Search Technology
- Creating a Query Filter
- Deciding Which Attributes to Retrieve for Each Object Found
- Binding to the Search Start Point
- Specifying the Search Scope
- Specifying Other Search Options
- Processing the Search Results
- Effects of Security on Searching
- Creating Efficient Queries
- Enumerating Domain Controllers