Visual Studio Analyzer is a performance analysis tool used for examining and debugging distributed applications. It records event data from an application and translates that data into chart, graph, and component views that are easy to understand. Users can then analyze the event data from different perspectives.
Visual Studio Analyzer is also a very flexible tool for both high-level and low-level performance analyses using automation and event subscription. You can use the automation model to create applications that automate manual tasks or collect events through subscribing to Visual Studio Analyzer application programming interfaces.
In This Section
- What is Performance Analysis?
- Explains the basics of performance analysis.
- What is Visual Studio Analyzer?
- Provides a high-level overview of Visual Studio Analyzer, and includes and explanation of its architecture, how it works, and why it is an effective tool for performance analysis.
- Getting Started with Visual Studio Analyzer
- Describes new features, the installation process, and security configuration.
- Setting Up Performance Analysis
- Provides instructions on how to create projects, computer connections, and filters and how to use events, event logs, and views.
- Automating Visual Studio Analyzer
- Explains how to automate frequently performed manual analysis tasks.
- Instrumenting an Application
- Explains how add custom events to an application and receive data on these events.