The System.Security.Cryptography namespace contains classes that allow you to perform both symmetric and asymmetric cryptography, create hashes, and provide random number generation. Successful cryptography is the result of combining these tasks. This section describes the key cryptographic tasks that you can perform to create a cryptographic scheme.
In This Section
- Encrypting and Decrypting Data
- Describes how to generate and manage keys and how to encrypt and decrypt data.
- Cryptographic Signatures
- Describes how to generate and verify cryptographic signatures.
- Ensuring Data Integrity with Hash Codes
- Describes how to generate and verify hash codes.
- Creating a Cryptographic Scheme
- Describes how to help create a cryptographic scheme from the various cryptographic primitives.
- Extending the KeyedHashAlgorithm Class
- Describes how to extend the .NET Framework cryptographic classes by creating a keyed hash algorithm class that implements the MD5 hash algorithm.
- Cryptographic Services
- Provides an overview of cryptography and explains how to perform cryptography with the .NET Framework.
- Securing Applications
- Describes the entire .NET Framework security system.
- Configuring Cryptography Classes
- Describes how to map algorithm names to cryptographic classes and how to map object identifiers to a cryptographic algorithm.