Object and Component Changes
Visual Studio .NET 2003
The following topics describe changes to objects and components between Visual Basic 6.0 and Visual Basic .NET.
In This Section
- Object Creation Changes in Visual Basic
- Covers implicit object creation.
- Binary Compatibility Changes in Visual Basic
- Discusses updates to the mechanism for preserving compatibility with older versions of a component.
- Class and Interface Changes in Visual Basic
- Discusses declaration and usage of classes and interfaces.
- Programming Element Support Changes Summary
- Provides an alphabetical list of programming elements that have changed or are no longer supported in Visual Basic .NET, and includes their replacements.
- Language Changes in Visual Basic
- Provides an overview of new and changed features in Visual Basic .NET.