Added By Element
Identifies the name of the ISV or customizer that added the element.
|Number of occurrences||Zero or one|
|Parent elements||AttributeMap |
The AddedBy attribute can be any string and is optional. It has a maximum length of 32 characters.
Many nodes of the customization file support the AddedBy attribute. This attribute is used when customizations are upgraded. As a best practice, it is recommended that ISVs use this attribute so that their customizations can be identified.
The following are best practices for the use of this attribute:
- Use this value for all new schema elements.
- Use a name that can uniquely identify your organization and product.
- Use a human readable name.
- Do not use spaces or special characters that would break the XML or require encoding. Restricted characters are:
\ / : * ? < > | " &
- Use the exact same string for all elements added by the same product.
The following example shows the use of the AddedBy attribute.
Adventure Works Cycle – Mapping Add-on
© 2007 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.