Create a route by using the Route Planner
- On the Route menu, click Route Planner.
- Type an address or the name of a place or Pushpin in the Type place or address box.
- Click Add to Route.
- If an exact match is found, the location is automatically added to the route list.
- Repeat steps 2–4 for each stop you want to add to your route.
- Click Get Directions to establish your route on the map and calculate driving directions.
- or -
On the Standard toolbar, click Route Planner .
- or -
Select a place or Pushpin on the map; MapPoint automatically enters its name in the Type place or address box.
- or -
If an exact match is not found, the Find dialog box opens with a list of the best possible matches for the address or name you typed. To add the stop:
Select a name in the Find results list, and click OK.
Note When you select a name in the results list, it is also selected on the map.
Stops are added to the route list in the order that you enter them:
The first stop you enter is added to the route list as the start point, designated by a numbered green box .
If your route list contains three or more places, all intermediate stops are designated by numbered yellow boxes, such as .
The stop you enter most recently, or last, is added to the route list as the end point, designated by a numbered red box, such as .
You can change the order of stops by clicking a stop in the route list, and then clicking Move Up or Move Down .
For best results, when typing a place or address in the Type place or address box, include as much information as you can, such as the city and state or province.
To create a round-trip route, add the same place or address as both the start and end points of your route.