Discrete Security Operations Supported By the Built-in Security Tokens
This section lists the types of security tokens that are supported by the Web Services Enhancements for Microsoft .NET (WSE) and details the capabilities of each of them.
In This Section
- X.509 Certificate
- A security token that is based on an X.509 version 3.0 certificate.
- User Name and Password
- A security token that is based on a user name and password.
- Kerberos Ticket
- A security token that is based on a Kerberos version 5.0 service ticket.
- Security Context Token
- A lightweight security token that is issued by a security token service that can be used to sign and/or encrypt a series of SOAP messages between a SOAP message sender and a Web service.
- Custom Security Tokens
- A user-defined security token with a custom set of claims.