For most developers, the following steps are the quickest way to incorporate the features of Web Services Enhancements 3.0 for Microsoft .NET (WSE) into their applications:
Read Overview of WSE.
Read Programming with WSE.
This section provides step-by-step instructions on how to incorporate the features of WSE into your applications.
Review the QuickStart Samples, a series of brief, illustrated samples that demonstrate the features of WSE.
The QuickStarts are in the <WSE Installation Folder>\v3.0\Samples folder.
In This Section
- When to use WSE
- Describes at a high-level why to use WSE in a distributed application that uses Web services.
- Installing WSE
- Provides the installation options for WSE, along with a list of installed components.
- What's New in WSE Version 3.0.
- Describes the new features for version 2.0 and the breaking changes between version 2.0 and 3.0.
- Web Service Specifications Supported by WSE
- Details the names and versions of the Web service specifications that are supported by WSE 3.0
- System Requirements
- Describes the system requirements for WSE.
- Product Support Options
- Provides links to Web sites and e-mail addresses for WSE product support and feedback.
Other ResourcesQuickStart Samples