This documentation is archived and is not being maintained.
For most developers, the following steps are the quickest way to incorporate the features of Web Services Enhancements 3.0 for Microsoft .NET (WSE) into their applications:
Read Overview of WSE.
Read Programming with WSE.
This section provides step-by-step instructions on how to incorporate the features of WSE into your applications.
Review the QuickStart Samples, a series of brief, illustrated samples that demonstrate the features of WSE.
The QuickStarts are in the <WSE Installation Folder>\v3.0\Samples folder.
In This Section
- When to use WSE
- Describes at a high-level why to use WSE in a distributed application that uses Web services.
- Installing WSE
- Provides the installation options for WSE, along with a list of installed components.
- What's New in WSE Version 3.0.
- Describes the new features for version 2.0 and the breaking changes between version 2.0 and 3.0.
- Web Service Specifications Supported by WSE
- Details the names and versions of the Web service specifications that are supported by WSE 3.0
- System Requirements
- Describes the system requirements for WSE.
- Product Support Options
- Provides links to Web sites and e-mail addresses for WSE product support and feedback.
Other ResourcesQuickStart Samples