Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2004/2006 SDK
- See User Datagram Protocol (UDP).
- Uniform Resource Locator (URL)
- The address of a resource on the Internet. A common URL syntax has the form protocol://host:port/path, where protocol specifies the means of returning the object, such as Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) or File Transfer Protocol (FTP); host specifies the remote server where the resource (file) resides; port (optional) specifies the port number to which to connect; and path specifies the path to the resource (file) on the remote server.
- upstream routing
- The routing of a response from one ISA Server computer to another ISA Server computer. A request from a client computer always flows upstream to ISA Server computers until the requested item is found, whether it is in the cache of an ISA Server computer or from the Internet. ISA Server sends the response downstream to the client computer.
- See Uniform Resource Locator (URL).
- User Datagram Protocol (UDP)
- A standard transport protocol in TCP/IP networking that provides connectionless service for unacknowledged delivery of packets. UDP adds port addresses to the service provided by IP.