Custom Today Screen Items
The Today screen provides a central place for users to easily view summary and high-priority information on Windows Mobile-based Pocket PCs. Developers can create custom Today screen items to present key information from their applications. For example, a sales force automation application could present key data about the customers the salesperson is planning to call on that day. The device also automatically times out and returns to the Today screen after a user-configurable period of disuse; the default is four hours.
Note By default, Pocket PCs include Today screen applets for Messaging, Calendar, Tasks, and Owner Information. The user can choose whether and in what order these appear on the Today screen.
In This Section
- Writing a Custom Today Screen Item
- Provides information about how you can create your own Today screen items.
- How to: Install and Register a Custom Today Screen Item
- Provides step-by-step instructions on how to install and register your custom Today screen item.
- Today Screen API References
- Provides a list of Today Screen API members that you can use to implement your own custom Today screen items.
Send feedback on this topic to the authors.
© 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.