Pocket Outlook Object Model (POOM)Send Feedback
The Pocket Outlook® Object Model (POOM) mirrors the Microsoft Office Outlook Object Model, but it's scope of functionality is reduced to accommodate the practical constraints of mobile devices. POOM is a COM-based library that provides programmatic access to Outlook Mobile Personal Information Management (PIM) data items and container objects. It provides an object-oriented framework for creating, modifying, and displaying appointment, task, and contact items — and for manipulating the folders that contain them.
Note The Microsoft Windows Mobile Version 5.0 Pocket PC and Smartphone SDKs ship with a code sample named POOM Master, that uses the Pocket Outlook Object Model API. The default location for the installed code sample is
C:\Program Files\Windows CE Tools\wce500\Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC SDK\Samples\CPP\Win32\Poommaster\.
In This Section
- Pocket Outlook Object Model Application Development for Windows Mobile-based Devices
- Provides background information on using the Pocket Outlook Object Model.
- Pocket Outlook Object Model API
- Provides reference information on the interfaces, enumerations, constants, and flags, that make up the Pocket Outlook Object Model API.
- POOM Sample Code
- Lists the POOM-related code samples that ship with the Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC and Smartphone SDKs. Each one of the code samples demonstrates how to use a particular set of POOM APIs.
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors