Cloning the Commctrl Module (Windows CE 5.0)
To customize the commctrl module, you must make a copy of the files in the %_WINCEROOT%\Public\Common\Oak\Drivers\SkinneableUI\Commctrl\ directory.
It is important that you make your changes in a copy of the original code and not in the original code because you can unintentionally create build issues and bugs that are difficult to trace. In addition, changes to code in a Public directory will affect all other workspaces. The recommended method is to replicate or clone the commctrl module in your workspace and then make changes to it.
To clone the commctrl module
- Select the OSDesignView tab in the workspace window.
- Expand the <Os Design Name> Catalog items node, and navigate to Enterprise Web Pad [Windows CE devices]\Shell and User Interface\User Interface\Common Controls.
- Right-click the Common Control sub-node. In the pop-up menu that appears, select Clone Catalog Item.
- The Clone Catalog Item - commctrl window appears, with a list of component libraries that can be cloned. If the Commctrlview library is not already selected, select it and choose OK. In the Cloning Complete window, click OK.
- To make sure that the commctrl module has been cloned, select the FileView tab in the workspace. Expand the Projects node. If the cloning operation was successful, you will see commctrlview in the list of projects.
- Expand the commctrlview node and notice that all source files relating to the Commctrl module are now available for editing. Any changes to the source files in the cloned module will take effect in any run-time image or executable that you create. Note that these changes will take effect only for the current workspace and not for any others that you created earlier or will create later.
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors