Choosing an Internet Browser (Windows CE 5.0)
Microsoft® Windows® CE offers a choice of two browsers, Internet Explorer 6 for Windows CE and the mobile Internet browser, Microsoft Pocket Internet Explorer. Each of these browsers is optimized for different device requirements. To help you make the best choice for your particular OS design, the topics in this section discuss the advantages and tradeoffs inherent in each browser.
In This Section
- Internet Explorer 6 for Windows CE Characteristics
- Describes scenarios that are best suited for using Internet Explorer 6.
- Pocket Internet Explorer Characteristics
- Describes scenarios that are best suited for using the mobile Internet browser.
- Summary of Browser Characteristics
- Compares the functionalities of the mobile Internet browser, Internet Explorer 6, and the desktop Internet Explorer.
- Browser Applications
- Provides links to the topics that describe the browser applications supported in Windows CE.
- Creating an Internet Browser
- Describes the sample browser application, IESample, that ships with Platform Builder and provides information about including this sample browser in the your OS design.
- Internet Explorer 6 for Windows CE
- Provides links to topics that contain information about Internet Explorer for Windows CE.
- Pocket Internet Explorer
- Provides links to topics that contain information about the mobile Internet browser for Windows CE.
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors