Core OS Design Development (Windows CE 5.0)
Windows CE 5.0
This section provides OEM guide and API information on the kernel and other core OS services available in Windows CE.
In This Section
- Core OS Services Overview
- Provides a brief description and links to topics about Windows CE core OS services.
- Serial Communications Overview
- Provides the following information about serial communications:
- Hardware dependencies
- Components and modules that implement the serial port functionality
- Sysgen variables that enable serial communications
- Kernel Overview
- Provides the following information about the Windows CE kernel:
- Memory architecture
- Real-time performance
- System calls
- Additional kernel functionality
- Kernel Power Management
- Provides the following information about power management:
- Power states and state transitions in Windows CE-based devices
- Power management performance considerations
- Power management wake event sources
- Kernel Reference
- Provides reference information about the kernel APIs available for use by OEMs.
- Core OS Services Catalog Items
- Provides descriptions and Sysgen variables for core OS services Catalog items.
- Core OS Application Development
- Provides information for application developers on how to use the Windows CE core OS functionality in applications.
- Core OS Registry Settings
- Provides core OS registry settings required to configure some core OS services or functionality.
- Core OS Reference
- Provides reference information on the core OS APIs available for use in Windows CE-based applications.
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors