Core OS Services (Windows CE 5.0)
The core operating system (OS) services consist of the Microsoft® Windows® CE kernel and other features common to all Windows CE OS designs. Core OS services enable low-level tasks, such as process, thread, and memory management. Basic device drivers are also part of the Windows CE core OS services.
In This Section
- Core OS Services Catalog Items
- Provides descriptions and Sysgen variables for the Catalog items under the core OS services tree in the Platform Builder Catalog.
- Core OS Design Development
- Provides OEM conceptual and API reference information on the kernel and other core OS services available in Windows CE.
- Core OS Application Development
- Provides conceptual information for application developers on how they can use the Windows CE core OS functionality in their applications.
- Core OS Registry Settings
- Provides a list of some core OS registry settings required to configure your OS design or applications to enable core OS functionality.
- Core OS Migration
- Provides information on how to migrate core OS services functionality from earlier versions of Windows CE to Windows CE 5.0.
- Core OS Security
- Describes best practices for maintaining kernel security.
- Core OS Samples
- Provides links to core OS services samples you can use when writing an application for Windows CE or creating a Windows CE-based device.
- Core OS Reference
- Provides reference information on the core OS APIs available for use in Windows CE-based applications.
- Windows CE Features
- Provides links and information about items that you can select in the Catalog and functionality that can be included in OS designs.
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors