Projects (Windows CE 5.0)
When you create a workspace project using the New Project Wizard, the information necessary for Platform Builder to build the project is contained in an XML-based project (.pbpxml) file. When you use the wizard to create a sources project, the information necessary to build the project is contained in sources and dirs files.
Platform Builder enables you to view and change the contents of a project. In the Workspace window, the FileView, ClassView, and ResourceView tabs display the details of the project.
Each window is hierarchical. You can expand the folders and other items in the windows to display their contents or collapse them to display their organization.
The following types of projects are available.
|Workspace project||A project that is specific to a workspace.|
|Sources project||A project that is not specific to a workspace.|
The FileView tab shows relationships of the projects and files that are included in your OS design. These relationships reflect the organization of files on your hard disk. The relationships of the source files and the dependent files that are used to build all configurations for the project are also shown.
Platform Builder provides the following options for managing projects:
- You can add individual files to the project.
For more information, see Adding Files to a Project.
- You can insert new or existing projects into your workspace and delete existing projects from the workspace.
- You can configure settings for the project through the Project Settings dialog box.
For more information, see Project Settings Dialog Box.
- You can add files to the run-time image by configuring Project.bib.
For more information, see Adding a File to a Run-time Image.
- You can configure the project to selectively build source code based on the current workspace.
For more information, see Configuring Selective Builds for a Project.
- You can use managed code in a project.
For more information, see Using Managed Code in a Project.
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors