Customizing the Network UI (Windows CE 5.0)
To customize the network UI, you can change a string within the existing UI, or you can create an application that replaces the entire UI.
For the purpose of instruction, in this procedure, you will be changing a string that appears in a dialog box.
Note If you are customizing functions, you must make sure that you export the same functions as those that are currently exported, and you must maintain the same semantics. In other words, the meaning of the parameter must be the same, and the functions must return the same return code values. For more information, see Functions Exported by the Network UI.
To change a string in the Network UI
- On the OSDesignView tab, browse to the appropriate file name.
For this example, browse to <OS design name>\Shell and User Interface\User Interface\Network User Interface\Network and Dial Up Connections UI.
- Double-click the filename.
For this example, double-click connmc.rc.
- If the file is displayed in the workspace, skip this step.
Or, if a tree is displayed in the workspace, browse to the desired file, and then double-click the file to open it.
For this example, a tree is displayed. Expand the String Table folder, and then open String Table.
- Change the text as desired. If you cannot change the text directly within the file, perform the following steps:
- Double-click the text to change. The String Properties dialog box appears.
- In the Caption box, change the text as desired.
For this example, change the text for IDS_RAS_NEW_NAME line from "My Connection" to "New Connection."
- Close the dialog box.
- Save the file, and then close it.
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors