Configuring a Hello World Application (Windows CE 5.0)
To compile, link, and include a Hello World application in your run-time image, use the Project Wizard.
To configure a Hello World application
- From the File menu, choose New Project or File, and then, on the Projects tab, choose WCE Console Application.
- In the Project name box, type a name for the project, and then, in the Location box, choose the directory for your project.
By default, Platform Builder stores the project in a directory immediately subordinate to your OS design directory. For example, %_WINCEROOT%\PBWorkspaces\<OS design name>\<Project name>.
- Choose OK, and then complete the information in step 1 of the New Project Wizard.
- In step 2 of the wizard, choose A typical "Hello World!" application, and then choose Next.
- In step 3 of the wizard, from the Release Type list, choose LOCAL, and then choose Finish.
- In the Workspace window, choose the FileView tab.
The FileView tab is the tab on the far right.
- Navigate through the Projects tree to view the files included in the Hello World application.
Send Feedback on this topic to the authors